Opening a Yahoo mail account on a W10 pc

Thread: Opening a Yahoo mail account on a W10 pc

Opening a Yahoo mail account on a W10 pc

When I click on the IE bookmark ("Yahoo mail") on my W10 pc that I previously used to open my Yahoo email account I now get a screen that reads:

"Manage Accounts
    Easily switch, add or remove Yahoo accounts on this computer."

that also shows an icon with my personal name and email address and a "Add a new account" button;
    but with no apparent way to <sign-in> to the account.

Can someone please tell me how to re-access this mail account? FWIW, I CAN access that email account from my iPad. Thanks. .... bkar

What happens if you try this link?

https://login.yahoo.com/

jdc2000: Thanks for offering to help. By clicking somewhere (can't recall exactly where) on that page I <did> get to a sign-in screen and managed to get back into Yahoo mail. System is still not quite right and I am in the process of doing anti-virus and anti-malware checks and running Old-timer TFC. But I seem to be back in business.

A somewhat related question. Can you please confirm (or correct) my understanding that: once I change my Yahoo password on my PC, that change automatically takes effect on my iPad and smartphone Yahoo accounts. That is, I do not have to manually update the settings on those devices. That seems obvious but I would like to be sure.

Thanks. ... bkar

When you change your Yahoo password, you will need to use the new password on every device you use to access Yahoo.

If you have saved passwords on any devices or password managers, you will need to update those.

jdc2000: Oh, oh ... so my "understanding" is wrong! I am really confused now. I changed the password on my PC to my single Yahoo email account (that I also use on my iPad). I did not manually change the password on the iPad. Yet I find that I am able to receive mail on the Ipad. Is that possible? .... bkar

Are you using a password manager? What procedure did you use to change your Yahoo password?

Thread Information