"Open with" selection greyed out when right-clicking on a graphics file

Thread: "Open with" selection greyed out when right-clicking on a graphics file

"Open with" selection greyed out when right-clicking on a graphics file

Until recently, if I right-clicked on a graphics file, I could easily select "Open with" from the menu that opened. I just tried that and "Open with" was greyed out. This is the case with all graphics files, regardless of file extension type or folder/directory. I have no idea what would cause this. Thanks in advance . . .

Dave G.
    Provo, UT

When did this start happening? Did you try a System Restore to a point where it was working?

What build of Win10 are you using?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how...s-10-you-have/
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ease-info.aspx

Hi Midknyte .... I'm always just a little hesitant to use System Restore, as I don't want to mess up other things.
    I am using Win 10 Pro (64-bit), Ver. 1703, build 15063.413.

Well, I don't see any fixes for that specific problem on Google. System Restore is a pretty common repair tool. If you don't want to try it, then maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

I have found out that in most cases (with my self) .. I can have system restore open and running n background .. but if I don't use it for a number of months .. it somehow gets itself turned off.. and therefor no System restore available.. to get around this. .on days or weeks when I am thoroughly happy with my windows setup. .I will create a new restore point called good Monday or whatever to emphasis my O/S on that day ..
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Thread Information