[RESOLVED] wireless auto login not working

Thread: [RESOLVED] wireless auto login not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] wireless auto login not working

Aloha,

My Toshiba laptop upgraded to win 10 home 8 months ago. Everything working great till the last update. Now my wireless won't auto connect even tho it's set to. Tried removing the wireless drivers and letting windows reload them, no group policy to work with. Heard other people are having the same problem so I'm thinking it's not really the laptop malfunctioning. The microsoft help forum didn't help. any idea what's causing this?

Have you tried removing the last update? I assume that you can connect manually.

It does not connect after you login to Windows?

Post the current version and build number:

https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how...s-10-you-have/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...ld-number.html

Tried removing the wireless drivers and letting windows reload them
    Did you try downloading the drivers from Toshiba? What is the exact model number?

Thanks, didn't think about uninstalling the update....
    Tosiba satelllite C55

will try uninstalling update and see what happens.

windows.jpg

That's not the full model number. It would be more like Satellite C55-A5300.

I'm assuming you mean Windows updates. You could also try a System Restore to a point where the wireless was working properly.

Satellite C55-A5310

Uninstalled KB4022725 and it still doesn't auto-connect. When I go into network and sharing and try to manually set up a wireless connection, it doesn't see any wireless device, only lan connection.

Tried again removing my Wireless device and restarting, no change.
    I really not that computer tech savvy, and windows 10 doesn't seem to be as easy as win8.1 to fix. I would like to enjoy win10 but this is getting to me. I tried fixing this before I posted and didn't have any luck. Not happy about having to manually connect all the time (and why doesn't network and sharing see my wireless device when I can see my wireless name when I click the wireless icon in the tray?).

going to update windows again since that didn't seem to be the problem.

I see Atheros and Intel WiFi drivers listed on the Toshiba support site for Win10x64. Which type of WiFi card do you have? It should be listed in Device Manager. Install the appropriate WiFi driver and see if that helps.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...007392&osId=26

Atheros Wireless Lan Driver
    Posted Date: 2016-09-21 | Version: 10.0.0.321.b3264_wCAT_wINF | Size: 48.39M
    Intel Wireless LAN Driver
    Posted Date: 2016-09-21 | Version: 18.11.0.2.0.b64_woCAT | Size: 132.29M

Perchance you have hit the Fn and Antenna key together ? That will turn on or off the wireless.
    Learned the hardway myself.

OK, did a system recovery (keeping files) and set up the auto wireless and now it works. slowing loading updates (metered) to see if they take without disabling the auto wireless connect. Will mark this tread resolved when all updates loaded and wireless still working.
    Train: I've done that myself a couple of times too, now that's the first thing I check.
    Midknyte: I went into device manager and uninstalled the wireless drivers and let windows find and reload them. Didn't help.

I went into device manager and uninstalled the wireless drivers and let windows find and reload them
    That's not what I said to do. I said to manually download and install the drivers from Toshiba. If it's working now, then don't mess with anything.

Sorry Midknyte, I misunderstood. I do appreciate your help.

Going to close thread. Seems to be working ok now. Thanks everyone for your help.

Thread Information