A couple questions about Windows Vista desktop computer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple questions about Windows Vista desktop computer

I've never heard of that before. That is bizarre. Did someone set it up like that? Why don't you just turn off the other computer while you do the factory reset?

Who is your "wifi server"? Do you mean your ISP?

When you do a Factory Reset, it doesn't connect over the network anyway.

I already provided you with the link on how to do the restore. There is even a video.
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00814731

What programs did you "remove"? If it was something that is actually web based, then I can see that happening, otherwise it shouldn't.

Help someone on this one last thing above. Charter said as long as the one is communicating with the other if I restore one it is going to do it to both. YET, they say they are not computer geeks and cant tell me how to stop it.

Removed an antivirus program on desk top and Java just to be sure before I totally restore. Can I have the desk top just plugged into electric in another room and be o.k.? Sorry to be so stupid.
    Last edited by Msbsgblue; June 24th, 2017 at 07:53 AM.

Charter said as long as the one is communicating with the other if I restore one it is going to do it to both.
    I have never heard of that before. That doesn't make any sense. When you are doing a factory restore, there is no network connection.

When I got the new laptop it even transferred my photos from the desktop tp my laptop.

Transferring data is one thing; dynamically linking 2 user profiles is completely different. I've seen roaming profiles in a corporate domain environment, but not on home PCs.

Just turn the other computer off while you are doing the restore. I still don't see how it's possible that restoring on one computer would do it on another. I'll let other people chime in about that.

It is completely done!!!!! Thanks guys

Thread Information