Dead Dell

Thread: Dead Dell

Hybrid View

Dead Dell

Dell Desktop - Inspiron 530
    Standard - basic desktop machine. Old enough that it came with Vista

It just died this morning...Aka stopped running. If I mess around with it enough I can get it to sound and act like it wants to fire up...but that only lasts two seconds. (fire up means all the fans make their normal noise)

I have found this little gem that "seems" like the right match:
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIA3AN39Z3201

I'm stumped about the verbiage:
    **This power supply only works with the Mini Tower (MT) versions of the models listed. (it is mentioned in the heading and towards the bottom of the page)

The pc in question is a standard full size machine... The picture in the link looks like a full size 300 watt PSU.

I'd appreciate some feedback.

On one hand it's an office machine that I do a little work with... On the other hand - ys can't have too many computers sitting around.

As long as it has the power connectors you need and fits into the case you have it should work. Do you have the part number on the old Dell PSU? If so, you can check the list on the Newegg link to see if it is listed.

On the other hand, if you have a full size Dell tower and it does not have non-standard (proprietary) mounting screw holes, I would probably not bother with a Dell PSU for that price. You can get a much better unit for the same or less money.

OH Me feels more stupid... I went back and looked at the Compatible Part #'s in the link and see two hits->04G185015510DE, PC6037

The price did seem a bit high.... But it was the first and only one I looked at.

Thanks..

Thread Information