Update added items to my control panel

Thread: Update added items to my control panel

Update added items to my control panel

I have two Dells. A Latitude E6430 and a Precision(brand new) 7th generation i7.
    Did a complete Win 10 update on both but on the Precision I got two items added to my Win 10 control panel and not on the Latitude. The items are Apps, Gaming. I also saw something in CCleaner under programs called Windows 10 update & privacy settings. On the Latitude I got Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.

Why on the Latitude I did not get the two extra items in the Win 10 control panel?
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Microsoft likes to think they know more about your computer than you do, so they install things they think you might like. It is also possible that you have slightly different version or build numbers on the 2 computers. Post screen captures from the version / build info display here.

Links:

https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how...s-10-you-have/

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...ld-number.html

Both are Win 10 Pro. A full update is a full update. I cannot update any more on both computers. Both are completely up to date. They should be the same! Microsoft, ARE YOU READING THIS?! Of course the numbers will be different. They were installed on different dates so MS would definitely have different numbers on them. It's just how they work. Like a fingerprint. I will check those numbers but like I said a Win 10 Pro full update should be the same wouldn't you think?
    I am at Ver. 1607 and my OS Build is 14393.1198.

I will check the other computer tomorrow.
    Last edited by jonnyb; June 9th, 2017 at 10:10 PM.
    Thanks, JB

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
    Both are Win 10 Pro. A full update is a full update. I cannot update any more on both computers. Both are completely up to date. They should be the same! Microsoft, ARE YOU READING THIS?! Of course the numbers will be different. They were installed on different dates so MS would definitely have different numbers on them. It's just how they work. Like a fingerprint. I will check those numbers but like I said a Win 10 Pro full update should be the same wouldn't you think?
    I am at Ver. 1607 and my OS Build is 143931.198.

I will check the other computer tomorrow.
    So on my other computer with all the extras in the Win 10 Control Panel is:
    Ver. 1703 and the OS Build is 15063.332

Ok so why won't my lesser number update to the latest like the higher number if I did all the updates available? Don't they want everybody to be the same?
    Thanks, JB

Because you missed a update that has been pulled because of the problems it caused for folks.
    It has not bothered my computers either.

Thread Information