Google Chrome and Firefox browser questions....

Thread: Google Chrome and Firefox browser questions....

Google Chrome and Firefox browser questions....

I have been using Chrome as my default browser for years. I'm currently running Windows 7. I've noticed in the last few months a huge amount of memory being used by multiple processes in task manager. It's really affecting the performance of my pc. So, yesterday, I switched to Firefox. It's running much better and not near as much of a memory hog. When I did a little digging, I found that Firefox might not be as secure as Chrome. Is that correct? I also am interested in what the experts here prefer to use as their default browser. Pros and Cons. Thanks.

Been using Firefox, Firefox ESR for years and only use one extension/add-on - - uBlock origin.

I do use both Windows and Linux. Never had a problem. in either.

Chrome, I have tried a few times, like for two weeks each time, I absolutely detest it.

I use web developer in the browser, F12, to evaluate websites, And as most nasties are written for Windows, Linux is good protection.

Thanks for the info! I installed ublock origin to Firefox, and will now use it as my default browser. Thanks for the response, too!

I have yet to find a web browser that I would not consider junk software.

Chrome and the other Chrome based browsers are currently as bloated as any browser ever has been, and they crash frequently (Aw Snap!).

Firefox ESR crashes even more frequently than Chrome.

Edge does not yet support many sites and has unpatched security issues.

I use IE11 for most things. It is currently the most stable, although it can crash as well. Some sites are written for Chrome based browsers only. For those I generally use Vivaldi, since you can configure it the way you want. For news sites I have been testing Epic Privacy Browser (Chrome based).

When I did a little digging, I found that Firefox might not be as secure as Chrome. Is that correct?
    All browsers have vulnerabilities, so I think that's a moot point.

I prefer Firefox ESR, but I also use Chrome and IE for work. Firefox Portable is really useful when I have to go offsite.

Learning more and more. Thanks for responding!

Just a add to my first post. Can not say Firefox / Firefox ESR has ever crashed on me.

Firefox Portable , yes I have used that in Windows a few times.

All browser have vulnerabilities, that we have accept as true.

A partial list of browsers
    http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/browsers-list

Thread Information