Hi,

To start with, here is some background.
This is the first time I have a Mac laptop, given to me by a friend when he upgraded to a newer version. I cannot find what this version is and I assume there is only one MacBook Air version ? It it 64 bits and came installed with Windows 7 O/S - so I was told. My friend then had it upgraded to Windows 10.

Mac Apple and Windows o/s you may ask ? Looking at it, it seems a partition was created to run Windows o/s on it with Apple o/s system on another partition. Only the Windows partition is used. My friend is non computer literate and is not interested in its working. So no use to ask him any further b/g info

Since I got it over 6 months ago, I have been trying to get used to using Windows 10. But for some reasons, my brain keeps rejection what I have learnt and I am back to square one when I next coem to use it. Maybe I am psychologically against it ?

Anyway a couple of days ago, it took me over 30 minutes to find out how to access the DOS command prompt without success. With this in mind - that I am spending more time trying to find out how to use the system than actually using it in a productive way, my question is:
Can I downgrade it to Windows XP, regardless of the draw back of XP not being supported by MS anymore, is prone to attack, etc. If possible to do this, what are the steps I need to take ?

Any guidance greatly appreciated and if I have left out any major points the laptop, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks.