Security Certificates

Thread: Security Certificates

Security Certificates

What ho one and all,

I am receiving too many e-mails that pop-up a 'Security Certificate' message.

Irrespective of whether I click,Yes, No or Cancel, the message remains and my e-mail is in lock-down. I have to Cnt-Alt-Del to close OE and then as OE reboots, quickly hit the Delete button before the certificate appears.

Is there a way to block these certificates? To date, I have not found any of the e-mails that display them, to be of importance whatsoever and deleting is just fine.

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

There are two possible fixes for this:

1. Hard and Long fix attempt:

http://blog.dreamhosters.com/2006/03...-secure-email/

2. Easy fix:

Access your e-mail account using web mail in a web browser FIRST, and delete all spam there. Then use Outlook Express to download the e-mail.

Thanks. The easy fix is the way forward but I always forget to check web mail before using OE.

The other issue is that the certificate does not always come with the same e-mails. They seem to vary; I have tried installing the cert but not putting the IP into the host file.

Personally, I would NEVER install junk certificates, as you never know what problems that may cause. I always use web mail to delete the spam first, then download the good e-mail to my e-mail client program.

You are absolutely right and usually, I don't install anything that just arrives on my computer; mainly because I don't want unnecessary junk.

However, I have taken the risk in the past and installed the certificate. So far, I have had no issues (or none that I am aware of) but, following installation, the bloody security message does not go. I still have to close OE via C-A-D. As a result;, I no longer install these as obviously, doing so, does not cure the problem.

Thread Information