Re-install Photoshop

Thread: Re-install Photoshop

Hybrid View

Re-install Photoshop

What ho one and all,

Using PhotoShop CS3 under XP. It does what it is meant to do, but Bridge is acting very strange. So I feel it is about time to remove it and re-install.

But I would like to keep all the various bits and pieces. Workspace for both CS3 and Bridge. A variety of CS3 plug-ins; actions. I have been reading some internet stuff on what to do to back-uo various things, but Adobe seems to have created files everywhere. Some are in Adobe/Photoshop folders in Program Files, other are in D&S/Name.

For example, some plug-ins only have a shortcut in the relevant PhotoShop plug-in folder. If I copy and paste, will they work after the re-install?

Is there a guide for 5 year old adults on how to do it?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

If I were going to do this, I would probably do the following:

1. Make a full image backup of the working system as it is now, in case something goes wrong.

2. Read a dozen or more references or user descriptions of how to do this from others who have already done it:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/462065

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&s...ettings&spf=73

3. Try it and see what happens. Restore backup image created in step 1 if something goes wrong and you need to try again.

Good call but I'm ahead of the game on that. I ensure that I always have a complete os image. That is why I don't loose sleep over a virus!

But I think I have solved the problem without having to reinstall. Basically, Bridge would just throw up an erro message and close. Usually when deleting or moving a file. I Googled the problem and the easy fix is to delete the Bridge cache file, which then renews itself.

Since deleting the file, things appear somewhat stable (until the next time.)

But I will research what bits and pieces I need to back-up to give an easy reinstall. I image that filters like NIK and Noiseware Pro, which are in Program Files, woul dneed to be reinstalled so the PS can see them; or may be not?

The bottom line is, at the moment, things are running as they should.
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Thread Information