Remote Desktop not working again after one computer was replaced

Thread: Remote Desktop not working again after one computer was replaced

Remote Desktop not working again after one computer was replaced

Hello everyone-
    I’m desperate need of assistance and hope someone can help , I thank you in advance for any advice!
    Here’s the scoop, I’ve been using LogMeIn’s Himachi for years without issues other than making an exception in Kaspersky. It’s been essential to connect to my weekend place during the week as I have to live in a different city during the week due to work.
    Recently my motherboard died on my desktop so I purchased a new one however I can’t get my laptop to connect to the new desktop like it used to. I event tried it without using Himachi as I have the two computers on the same network, so I’m thinking it’s not a Himachi issue.
    Both machines are running Windows 10

Things I’ve done:
    Made sure both have “Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer” turned on under System Properties\Remote.
    Both machines can ping each other.
    Made sure I have the computer name correct and that both computers have a Windows Password.

Can anyone help?

What error message(s) are you getting? I assume that you have set up Hamachi on the new computer using the same info as on the failed one.

Hamachi support link:
    http://help.logmein.com/pkb_Home?l=e...ts:lmihamachi2

What version of Win10? You need Win10 Pro in order to use Remote Desktop. Remote Assistance is not the same as Remote Desktop.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...ws-10-3632113/
    While all version of Windows 10 can connect to another Windows 10 PC remotely, only Windows 10 Pro users can allow access to their computer.

Thread Information