MSCONFIG runtime time error message - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSCONFIG runtime time error message

I did what I did -- there is probably a difference technically between restore & recover -- restore or recover, from within the TI program. It offers the choice to recover, I think it says, disks or files, and I selected disks, and the program began restoring/recovering. When it was almost completed, according to the moving line produced telling the progress, it stopped and showed a message which I did not copy down. I understand File History is a Windows app, not connected to TI. At this point, I can try to find someone using TI and get them to create what I need to recover/restore the tib data. I might even have to repurchase it. As I look back on this, I think my error was in not testing or verifying the TI boot disk. Something happened to my system, corrupting my Quicken data file & who knows what else. You have been helpful & I thank you.
    JGB

OK, I have installed Windows and am back to the computer. I had the download/install file for TI on my flashdrive, so I have installed Acronis. TI says the data in a tib file can be recovered in Windows Explorer Recovering files in Windows Explorer. Here is the statement:

"To recover files and folders directly from Windows Explorer:
    Double-click the corresponding .tib file, and then browse to the file or folder that you want to recover.
    Copy the file or folder to a hard disk."

I want to recover all that is in the tib file. I can recover a folder at a time, but I also designated "Documents" as the entity to back up, with several other things not in that library. When I open TI, there are no backups shown since there have been none made with this installation, so recovering the files from using Explorer seems best. it says I could create a recovery disk and recover using that, too. But if I am restoring "Documents" and all under it, what is the destination to be entered?

I did explore the Recovery drive. It is a 10 G flash drive with 4+ G used. It looks like it has everything needed, Boot and EFI folders, and a Microsoft folder, Fonts folder. I do not know why it was not recognized. Thanks again for your assistance.
    JGB

Yes, Restore and Recover can mean two different things. When I said Restore, I meant wiping the drive and restoring Windows from your .tib file. Recovery to me would be getting data files back, i.e recovering data.

But if I am restoring "Documents" and all under it, what is the destination to be entered?
    You can choose a different target folder for the data recovery. If you had a "Documents" folder, you could create an "OldDocs" folder and extract the .tib data there.

I don't use TI to backup my data, only my OS and applications. I don't see benefit to trapping my data in a .tib file. I have multiple external USB HDs with my data on it, including copies at another location (ex. work, mom's house, etc).

I did explore the Recovery drive. It is a 10 G flash drive with 4+ G used. It looks like it has everything needed, Boot and EFI folders, and a Microsoft folder, Fonts folder. I do not know why it was not recognized.
    Again, this is completely separate from TI. You'd use the Windows Recovery drive if Windows wasn't bootable and you wanted to do a System Restore or a Clean Install.

SyncBackFree is what I use with my DATA as I have 17 years of Family Genealogy work, about 600 GB worth so far, that I would sure hate to have disappear.
    https://www.2brightsparks.com/freeware/index.html
    I have 3 USB hdds, of which only one is on site at any time. Plus 5 of my children and my brothers and sisters all have a copy.

The OS, I am not worried about at all, I will just reinstall it and the programs. But that is just my take on it
    SMILE
    and post back. Let us know if it worked.
    [ Book mark this post to find it again]

AntiX-16, MX-16 and Win 10

Thread Information