Firefox message for inactivity while I am using it -- closes tab

Thread: Firefox message for inactivity while I am using it -- closes tab

Firefox message for inactivity while I am using it -- closes tab

In Win 10, using latest version of Firefox, Lenovo laptop. I am on a state revenue site to make an estimated tax payment, and while I am moving through the various layers, Firefox will indicate I am being redirected and gives "Allow" for me to click on, or X to not allow. I clicked on allow and a message comes up from a bank site I visited much earlier in the session -- from which I properly logged out -- telling me due to inactivity, which makes it insecure, the site will close, and I am taken back to the previous page on the state site. Well, I did this three times, then closed Firefox and used CClean to clear cookies, cache and all that stuff, then when I got to the same place on the state revenue site the message was not from that bank site I got the message from, but now it just said due to inactivity, it would close, taking me back to the previous page on the state site. I think the next time I did not "Allow" the recirection, I just clicked the X by the side of it, and maybe that got me through. What is the issue causing this notification to come up when I have been using the site full speed? I have ReDirect add-on installed, and from time to time I get messages related to giving permission for site A to always/one time allow or the like. But nothing about inactivity. Thanks for looking at this. Any suggestions?
    JGB

Did you try disabling the "ReDirect add-on"? It's possible that is the problem.

Did you try a different browser?

I did not try a different browser primarily because I was trying to get the payment scheduled and this was the first time I had used the site, and they had several layers of security, so I kept thinking the next time would work. Anyway, I did disable the ReDirect add on, and have not been on the web much since I did it. And I have never been on a site that had that many levels and questions. It is the Colorado state site. My hope is that from now on, three more times, there will be many fewer levels, since I have the info saved and will just fill in the amount. What I will do is use Firefox for a while with the add on disabled, then re-enable it and see if there is any change in action. I have had this program several weeks and the only little popups -- really not popups, but more like one or two lines of text across the screen giving me the url of the site I requested and asking what permissions I wished to allow -- ever came up. Nothing about inactivity causing a security issue. And once I cleared the cache, the Chase site name was not there anymore, just a statement of closure and return to another tab. I will post what I have happen. Thanks
    JGB

What is the exact name of the addon? I don't see any called "ReDirect" in the addons library. Why do you need it? Many times, it's the addons that cause problems, not Firefox itself.

Redirect Control is the name. I just went to the site for addons and in the search box I entered the name and it is there. I did misread a message shown when I clicked on "Permissions." I read it first before adding it that I could allow or not allow the addon certain permissions. As I read it this time, it says this app does not ask for permissions to certain information but gives itself those permissions. If I had read that correctly at first, I would not have added it. But that is the correct name. I have it disabled, but I will remove it.
    JGB

Thread Information