VDR blocking access to the site from computer using Internet Explorer 8

Thread: VDR blocking access to the site from computer using Internet Explorer 8

VDR blocking access to the site from computer using Internet Explorer 8

Using a WinXP Pro SP3 computer, I can access pages here no problem with Firefox 43.0.1,
    but I get a blank page using IE8. Seen that with some other sites and thought it was HTML5 related but the urls of pages here don't have the decimal look to them like the few other sites that screw with IE8 for me.

Win7 computer using IE 9 seems fine.

So it's either the browser or the OS that isn't liked, or the combo.
    Tried looking for similar posts in this Feedback forum using search but don't see any.

Any ideas why I get that?
    BTW, as I type this up using FF 43, I have the IE8 browser up trying to "still" load the site. Still showing "connecting" with about 50% green bars (progress meter) on the bottom of the window. Hasn't gone into "not responding" yet.
    Hitting the stop icon does not stop the page loading icon (still spinning).
    X- ing out the right-top corner icon gets a "This window is busy. Closing this window might cause some problems. Do you want to close it anyway? OK / Cancel

See that little window rarely - usually more of not responding. It's like it's waiting for a info DL to finish. Weird.
    Closed IE with no further BS hitting OK.

IE8 will not open those weird decimal urls - FF does.

I think it's M$ screwing with stuff.

IE 8 just can not handle the job any more. Never could in my book and was the reason I switch to Firefox years ago. Well remember IE 8 as a PITA .
    XP support has been dropped by about all the browsers. 48.X should still work .

I like to use IE so I can do "web archive, single file" in save page as options.
    FF don,t have that, and I like one file that dont need being online to see what I saved.

As per websites, yeah it sucks. 9 not so great either.
    I also like FF add-ons but you got to limit your choices or have too much to load up.
    FF slow enough without any (to boot up). Once open it's the browser I prefer with classic add-on.

You would think IE8 would still try to open this site even if it throws distorted results. Get that on some sites with it.

I can log and read with XP - IE8 loaded on a virtual machine... I just can't post. The reply boxes are grayed out...which is a known issue on sister sites even with newer versions of IE... We have yet to figure out a solution...
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information