CDBurnerXP doesn't let my optical drives eject dvds.

Thread: CDBurnerXP doesn't let my optical drives eject dvds.

CDBurnerXP doesn't let my optical drives eject dvds.

CDBurnerXP won't let either of my optical drives eject after burning dvds especially the double layer dvds. I burned two dvds and neither would eject after finalizing disks. One drive is the stock optical drive that came in my Gateway. The other drive is an Asus. With the stock drive I had to eject that one from Safe Boot. The Asus has a hole for using a paper clip to eject it. The thing is after finalizing the disks, the drives were still showing that they were both busy. To me it sounds like a CDBurnerXP problem.
    I also tried to go online and tell tech support or whoever about my problem. Apparently you have to register to leave a message. So I registered or tried to anyway. The site wouldn't take my username or password. So I can't leave them a message telling them about my experience. Has anyone else had any trouble burning dvds with CDBurnerXP? I'm using Verbatim DVD DL disks. Blank dvds will eject of course. Burned cds will eject without a problem. Thank you.

Were the DVDs usable after you did get them out? Note: You should always be able to re-boot, and then the discs should eject.

What version of Windows are you using on this system?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Were the DVDs usable after you did get them out? Note: You should always be able to re-boot, and then the discs should eject.

What version of Windows are you using on this system?
    Yes, the DVDs are usable. My OS is Windows 10 Home. And no I didn't try just to restart my system to get the disks to eject. I will next time. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bluehills; April 5th, 2017 at 01:21 PM.

Try this: Press [Winkey]+[E] to open windows Explorer, right-click the icon for the disc drive that is stuck and select Eject.

Thread Information