Windows 10 update disk.

Thread: Windows 10 update disk.

Windows 10 update disk.

Is it possible to make a Windows 10 update disk? Whenever I search for such a thing I don't get a straight answer. I want to know if I can download all the Windows 10 updates and put them on a disk for installation when the time comes that I need to format my hard drive. It would be easy just to have all the updates on a disk. I know of such a thing on older Windows that I did. Thanks.

What do you mean by "updates"? For Win10, there are different build versions, so you'd need to get the appropriate .iso.

Version 1507
    Version 1511 (November Update)
    Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
    Version 1703 (Creators Update) (Release date: April 11, 2017)

After installing the latest build version, you'd need to apply the cumulative monthly "rollup" update. Microsoft has bundled updates, so you'd just need the latest update from the current monthly security bulletin. There is a different rollup for each build version, so make sure you download the correct one.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletins

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    What do you mean by "updates"? For Win10, there are different build versions, so you'd need to get the appropriate .iso.

Version 1507
    Version 1511 (November Update)
    Version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
    Version 1703 (Creators Update) (Release date: April 11, 2017)

After installing the latest build version, you'd need to apply the cumulative monthly "rollup" update. Microsoft has bundled updates, so you'd just need the latest update from the current monthly security bulletin. There is a different rollup for each build version, so make sure you download the correct one.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/bulletins
    Midknyte, I have version 1607 (Anniversary Update). The 1703 (Creators Update) is almost due out. I really don't understand much about iso's. I can search later on how to do them though. Thanks for the help and link.

Bluehills, I think this maybe what you are looking for. See this page below.

https://winbuzzer.com/2015/08/02/how...pdates-xcxwbt/
    Eric

jdc2000, thanks for the link. I bookmarked it. ecross, your link about slip streaming looks good. That's what I'll probably look into doing then. Thanks.

Thread Information