DEstructive Virus: reformat options - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DEstructive Virus: reformat options

Train's screen captures are from one of his systems, to show you how he has it set up.

Step 10 from Midknyte's link has the instructions on how to remove the existing partitions from the C: drive (with the D: drive disconnected), and reformat the C: drive.

If you disconnect the D: drive, boot from the Windows 7 install CD/DVD, and follow the instructions in step 10 from Midknyte's link, you should be on your way to reformatting the C: drive and performins a clean install of Windows 7.

You just may want to do my trick. I print out the instructions on how to do a clean install and follow them step by step.

And as long as the 2nd drive is disconnected, the computer will NOT boot up.
    The instructions tell windows to look for what it needs to boot up are in that 100 MB partition on C:\ drive. And as the 2nd drive is not connected, you get the no boot situation.
    And the only way to remove them is follow the steps to remove everything on that drive as listed in the instructions.

I'm too fried to do another reformat. I got the windows.old files out of both C and L. What's left are some system files in L. I can do a number of things: backup all the non-sys files from L onto another drive, then format the disc. Or..is it safe (or even possible) to delete sys files from L?

BTW, I didn't notice that the attached disc mgmt file was yours. After fourteen hours of computer tweaking the brain misses some obvious things.

Otherwise, the computer runs well enough for the old gal that she is.

My discs as of today Mar 16

C is primary boot disc, L is secondary in-box backup disc.disco drama.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ailllas; March 16th, 2017 at 09:46 PM.

Can I backup the stuff I need on the L drive, then format it from Disc Management?

You sure can!

Thread Information