Not all WAV files will play.

Thread: Not all WAV files will play.

Not all WAV files will play.

I'm not sure if I can explain this right, but Ill try. With Windows 10 "My Music" file, some songs will play and most don't. They are WAV files. Of course when I double-click the WAV file nothing happens on most files. I have tried Safe Boot, but that didn't fix it either. The files that play are all random. I don't have any more to say about this at this time. Maybe someone can help me out. Oh, I wasn't using Windows Media Player either. Something called Groove. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bluehills; March 5th, 2017 at 07:56 PM.

Groove Music
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groove_Music

Groove Music (formerly Xbox Music and Zune Music and also known as Microsoft Groove) is a digital music streaming service developed by Microsoft that offers music streaming through subscription or purchase through the Windows Store.[3][4] The service is web-based and also available via applications for the Microsoft Windows and Xbox product lines,[5][6] as well as Android and iOS.[7] The Groove catalog has over 38 million tracks.[8]
    VLC will probably play them.
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Train and Midnyte, The VLC seems to work for me anyway. Midnyte, the AIMP Website surprised me at first being in Russian till I looked over and noticed you can have it in English too. Thanks.

A streaming service is just not designed to well for playing music.

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    A streaming service is just not designed to well for playing music.
    Why is that Train? What's your take on One Drive? Is that a free service? Thanks for the tips.

They want to sell subscritions.

One drive, I have not used it in several years, I even have google and have yet to use it.
    Thumb drives and External USB drives are much more convenient. And I have lost stuff on cloud storage in the past when they just shut down.

600 GB of family heirloom data, 17 years of work, I just do not trust the cloud to have it disappear.

If you use a streaming music service, you have the following potential issues:

Service is not available when you want it.
    Service does not have the music you want.
    Service uses data bandwidth each time you play a selection, which may cost you money each time.
    Service may have a monthly or annual fee.

Advantages of music files stored on your device:

You pay a one time fee for them.
    No internet connection needed to play them.

Train and jdc2000, Sorry to hear your problem with One Drive Train. Don't blame you for not trusting them. And thanks for the info jdc2000. I won't be paying any fees for their service then. Too many issues and not enough positives.

Thread Information