[RESOLVED] User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Thread: [RESOLVED] User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

Resolved [RESOLVED] User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded

hello everyone
    I have windows 7 home basic on my desktop pc I tried to log on this morning and got the message, User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. I have had a google and found this I can only boot in safe mode I watched the vid but I have more lines in my registry and not sure what to do here is a pic reg.jpg is there any way I can fix this please not sure if I put vid and pic in properly not been on here for years any help would be great cheers

Looks like they did the Method 1 fix:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-error-message

I don't know what you mean by "more lines". I only see one profile that has a .bak on it. That's the one you want to rename.

hi thank you for reply I must apologize I am a bit clueless with the registry when I say lines I meant folders with the same number, do I take bak off of the one that has it and change the values and rename the top one bak as you can see in the pic the top one only has 3 items in the right hand pane cheers

There are only 2 folders that end with "1001", including the one with .bak

do I take bak off of the one that has it and change the values and rename the top one bak
    Yes. Method 1 in the link I posted tells you exactly what to do.

You should probably make a backup of the registry before you tinker with it.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...try-in-windows

thanks for your help Midknyte it worked, cheers

Thread Information