Moden Speed

Thread: Moden Speed

Moden Speed

I have AT&T Uverse with fiber optics going to a post outside my house and by wire to my Modem. I pay for 12 Mbps and I am satisfied the the service.
    I do not fully understand these terms: DOWNLOAD-UPLOAD-PING. Usually my download is 13.11 upload 1.69 ping 22. My son has infiniti and his speeds
    are: 92.11 22.78 14. I do not see his speed working and better then mine and I find infiniti will sometimes not work on Netflix or will stall streaming.
    Can someone explain all this to me. Should I pay Uverse to upgrade my speed?

Jerry

If you're only paying for 12Mbps, then you are getting what you paid for. 12Mbps would be the Download or Downstream speed. Upload is usually a lot less for most ISPs, so that looks normal too. Ping is 22ms, which is fine.

http://fiberforall.org/att-uverse/
    AT&T Uverse offers high speed internet connections with speeds up to 18Mbps downstream and 1.5Mbps upstream.
    It's up to you whether you want to pay for a faster service or not. If you want to go faster than 18Mbps, you'd need to change ISPs.

I do not see his speed working and better then mine and I find infiniti will sometimes not work on Netflix or will stall streaming.
    It's hard to imagine that 92Mbps wouldn't be different from 12Mbps, though. How did you compare them?
    I don't have Infiniti, so I can't comment on any Netflix or streaming problems they might have.

Which package do you have?
    https://www.attsavings.com/internet-plans

Just in case your modem is latching up from a voltage drop, reach in back and pull the power plug.
    Wait 30 seconds, plug back in. When up, test again.

I have the 12 Mbps package.

Jerry

Then you are doing fine then. How many people are on the internet at the same time?
    A few years ago, when the kids gt home from school and jumped on to the internet, it was so bad, I shut down for a couple hours.

Comcast as part of their fix increased the download from 30 to 55 then finally 124 before I moved.That cut the throughput time and that cut the buffering almost completely, now the hammered server on the other end became the hold up.

Thread Information