Firefox Browser

Thread: Firefox Browser

Firefox Browser

I use an online card site (subscription) . For several years I have used Firefox to access the site and send cards. No problems. Suddenly
    the site was not working properly , the pictures loaded in blocks, not smoothly as before. Everything was strange and garbled. The card site folks
    gave me a lot of things to do, clear the history, clear the cache ,etc.Nothing worked. Finally they suggested I download Google Chrome . I did so and everything on the card site works perfectly now. I can't understand what happened as I didn't have any new programs or anything that might change
    or affect Firefox and didn't change any settings . I like Firefox and want to use it for everything and not have to use Chrome just for the card site.
    Any ideas?

Do you have Firefox set to auto update itself? It's possible that the latest version just isn't rendering the site properly. Firefox has recently made some major changes to it's browser. You could experiment and install a slightly older version to see if that's the problem.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Insta...efox/ta-p/1564

Note that older versions of Firefox may be less secure as stated on that page but it will let you know what the problem may be with that site. You can reinstall the latest version of Firefox after trying the older version linked to on that page (version 49.0.2) All your settings, bookmarks etc will remain.

It's also possible that one of your add-ons is reacting badly with the latest version of Firefox. You can start Firefox with addons disabled to see if that helps too. Help>restart with addons disabled.

Also also it would be worth checking to make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash if that site requires it.. https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ be sure to uncheck the options to install other programs before you install it (McAfee and TrueKey).

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

It would help if you told us the exact version of Firefox and OS you are using.

As fink mentioned, it might be a bad addon or even a bad profile. You can try the portable version of Firefox and see if it has the same issues. Just install it to a folder on your Desktop. When you're done, you can just delete the folder.
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Thanks so much,you two. I checked to see if I had a newer version of FireFox...indeed I do so that is probably what caused the problem with the card site. If that site was something I used daily, I would try fix the problem I would download an older or even a portable version of Firefox and experiment with them find the answer. However , since I only go to that site now and then I think I will just use Google. It never occurred to me that the browser could be the the culprit. So my thanks again
    to you Fink and also Midnyte.

You're welcome. If it is the browser then there's a good chance it will eventually get fixed either by the site's webmaster or by firefox developers if it's a widespread problem.. just keep trying it every so often and see.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information