[RESOLVED] Can I remove Windows 10 partition?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can I remove Windows 10 partition?

Resolved [RESOLVED] Can I remove Windows 10 partition?

I am currently running Windows 7, but had set it up to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 by installing 10 on a partition. During boot process, it would ask which version to run and wait a few seconds before booting to the default which was Windows 7. At some point, I think I uninstalled Windows 10 because I didn't like it, rarely used it, and when I tried to update it, apparently I didn't make the partition big enough because it was too full. It now automatically boots to Windows 7. The partition where I installed Windows 10 is still there. Can I just delete it? Does it hurt anything to leave it there if not using it? Hope all this makes sense! Thanks!

If you are sure you don't want Win10, you can delete/reformat the partition.

If you want to skip the OS selection menu, you can go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings
    On the Advanced tab, click Startup and Recovery Settings
    Make sure Windows 7 is set as the default
    Uncheck Time to display list of operating systems and click OK

I already fixed it where it doesn't ask--it just goes straight to booting with Windows 7. So my Windows 10 is on Drive "G". Do I just delete the drive? Delete the files in that drive first? Not exactly sure how to do it. Thanks for the response!

If you want to keep the partition, you can just format it to remove the data.

If you are going to remove or format the partition, you don't have to delete files first.

Thanks!!

Thread Information