What ho one and all,

Please don't laugh when I say that I have Office 2000 running on my XP Pro computer. It does what I want and in reality, I am probably only using around 20% of the program's ability.

I use Outlook, purely for its Contact section because I like the way it operates. I do not sue the e-mail / calendar / notes / tasks / etc functions.

However, I ALWAYS have an issue trying to understand how to back-up the information. First, what is the difference between Archive / Back-up / Export? Since they all go to a *.pst file, I am unable to find an answer.

Today, I was culling some old address information and up-dating other. Then I have made a archive-date.pst (as a test) and used Export to create another OL-TodaysDate.pst.

To check, I have a PST viewer program. Opened the Archive and there was nothing; totally empty. Opened the OL-TodaysDate.pst and everything appears to be there.

However, if I open Outlook, I have the window as shown in the attachment, and I really don't understand.

Outlook.jpg

Why are there three levels of Personal Folders? At level 1, there are 184 entries listed in the Contact (which is the same as Rex in the Shortcut bar.) But level 2 and 3 have only 131, which would be correct because of my culling. As far as i can make out, level 2 and 3 are the same, so why are they duplicated?

Finally, and though it was some time ago that I created The Highlands (Neighbourhood Watch group) I never wanted is as a sub-folder of Contacts. So who do I move it?

Which brings me back to the back-up; does backing-up Personal folders cover everything? Or do I have to back-up each individual folder (ie Contact; Highlands; Mum; SelfBuild.)

Thanks

Rex