Monitor Won't Power Off - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Won't Power Off

Update : regarding the monitor issue, I find that in this latest reinstall, the monitor pwr function seems to be working ok, even tho the incompatibility issue exists. So I guess we can call this issue resolved. BTW, the PCs as best as I can tell, are about 12 years old. (my, how time flies) . Once again thanks much, to all !
    Specs:
    Windows XP Home SP3
    Intel Core2 Quad
    CPU Q9550@2.83ghz
    Intel G45/G43 Chipset
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Oh and one other thing. The 1gb ram seems to be doing quite well. Would there be much gain in putting the two 2gb sticks back in ??

It just depends on what you use the pc for. The overall general jest is that the more ram you have, the better/faster apps load etc...

Thanks Steve, but in regards to winXP, is there not a limit on how much ram it will handle successfully ?

All 32bit operating system are limited to 4gigs... which generally means you can use about 3.2 gigs.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

RGR that; thanks Steve, guess I'll go ahead & put the 4gb back in, now that its up & running ok ...

Two revisions Levels are Incompatible

Indicates Two Revision Levels Are Incompatible and other critical errors can occur when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. Opening programs will be slower and response times will lag. When you have multiple applications running, you may experience crashes and freezes. There can be numerous causes of this error including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware/RAM decline, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations and so on.

You found one cause, the mismatched ram.
    One of the reasons I buy only matched ram.

Train, contrary to your statement, I did not have mismatched ram. I just reduced the size thinking that perhaps that amount of ram was excessive for a new install. A newly installed OS should not be corrupt. And not having any other programs other than the newly installed OS, should not have that particular error message. After finding that error message (only because of the Monitor control), I found that another XP loaded HD that I had been using for years till I sidelined & went for Win 7, had that same error message & I never had any problems with it including any monitor pwr issues. So unless any of the issues you described become a problem. I'm going to just pretend it's not there. Thanks for your input.......

If you can post a screen capture of the "2 revision levels are incompatible" error message, we may be able to figure out what is causing it. It could be part of your re-install problem, and getting rid of it might make your system more stable and reliable.

I'm sorry, this PC does not have access to a printer at this time. However, the error message is listed in Power Schemes under Power Policy Manager.........

No need for printer access, just make a screen capture and post that.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screen...rosoft-Windows

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-t...on-of-windows/

I don't seem to have a print screen function. When pressing the prnt button, nothing happens. I even tried a different keyboard. Couldn't get to work in win7 either. However, I do have a program called Print Screen Deluxe. Have not used it in years. As soon as I can get setup I'll try & post a pic here. I don't have much time to spend at the computer these days, but will try. Thanks jdc2000

OK, I was not able to use print screen. Have to figure that out later. But I did take a picture with my cell phone & hopefully I can figure out how to export it hereIMG_20170210_060643168_HDR.jpg . Looks Like I made the grade. Hopefully, it'll be viewable................

OK, I was not able to use print screen. Have to figure that out later.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-...in-windows-10/

There are also free tools like Lightscreen or Greenshot
    http://lightscreen.com.ar/
    http://getgreenshot.org/

Thread Information