Wacom tablet issue

Thread: Wacom tablet issue

Wacom tablet issue

On my desktop, i use exclusively, my graphic tablet instead of a mouse. I don't have a mouse connected.

A few weeks ago, i realized that i could not play some videos that were stored on Amazon S3. Thinking it was the videos themselves, i tried to play other videos that were embedded on my site. They would not start (but they play on YouTube though).

I tried these:

- changing browser (Chrome and Firefox): didn't work
    - playing the videos from my own computer: didn't work
    - reinstalling the latest driver of the tablet: didn't work
    - rebooted the computer: didn't work

Finally, to test my hypothesis, i connected a regular mouse instead, and that works as it should.
    I contacted the company, in case there was a recent conflict with possibly a Windows update, but they have nothing like that on record. They suggested to log in on a different account to see. I did that, and the tablet works fine on that account.

So now, i am a bit at loss to figure out what is going on and what to do to fix the issue.

I am using Windows 7, Professional and a Wacom Bamboo Fun.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

It sounds like you have some sort of corruption on the user account.

However, I am not sure how a Wacom tablet driver would have any affect on playing videos. Does the Wacom work normally otherwise? What happens when you try to play a local video? What error message, if any do you get?

I actually had noticed other situations where it was not working (like clicking a button) but at the time, i thought it had to do with a plugin, or a windows update. I never thought it was the tablet itself. Now, those buttons will work if i use a regular mouse.

I am not getting any error message. I see the button being depressed or the click "ripple" effect but not the result of the click.
    It works if i play mp4 directly from my computer.
    Last edited by Cassel; January 27th, 2017 at 03:00 PM.

It might help if we could narrow down when the tablet button clicks are not being recognized. Try using it with various programs, like Calculator, Windows Explorer (Computer), etc. If it is just browsers where it is not working try different ones (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.) to see which items you can click on with the tablet and which you can't. Note: You can connect both the tablet and a mouse at the same time. It might also help to know how recently this issue has appeared. A System Restore to a date when it was working might be an option.

The button is in the backend of my zencart installation: working on Chrome or Firefox does not help. Using a regular mouse does work.

On Youtube, i noticed that although i can play videos easily, when i am uploading/editing, i can't move the cursor (when adding annotations), but i can with a mouse.

So far, i tried the calculator, and other programs but nothing else is noticeable. I use Paintshop Pro extensively, and didn't notice anything. I also use Notepad++, Outlook, Word, and everything else seems to work.

I noticed the button issue in zencart mid December, but at the time, i never suspected it was the tablet as i thought it was my zencart module conflicting with a Windows update. I contacted someone about it and she was not aware of a problem. I contacted the module author and never heard from him.

At that time, i tried a System Restore, but although i tried twice, it would not let me (i don't remember the error message but it just stated that it could not restore to the point i tried, even when i tried another point).

As i said, i didn't connect that to the tablet.
    When i experienced other issues with the videos, it was a couple of weeks ago, but it still took me a while to pinpoint the issue to the tablet. The Youtube issue, i noticed it a couple of weeks ago, but only today i can confirm that it works with a mouse. I had not considered it was the tablet either.

It looks like this thread is describing exactly what i am experiencing:

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...l?id=675410#c7

The problem is that it is totally foreign language to me. The only thing i understand is that Chrome 56 would fix it (and i have 55). Any idea where i can find 56?

56 went live on Wednesday.
    https://chromereleases.googleblog.co...able%20updates

Did you try updating from Chrome itself?
    https://support.google.com/chrome/an...=gsearch&hl=en

Otherwise, you can download the stub installer:
    http://www.google.com/chrome/

YES!!!! that worked!!!

Thanks!

Thread Information