Ethernet Splitter

Thread: Ethernet Splitter

Threaded View

Ethernet Splitter

I am in the process of investigating buying a TV but this have moved on and I feel out of my depth!

To date, all our TV watching has been on the computer monitor via the internet (playing DVD from the computer; catch-up TV; downloaded films and programs, etc.) so am not too concerned about having the TV for live broadcasts.

The TV will be in a spare bedroom and i would like to connect a computer to it, then access all I want via the internet; basically, I guess it is being used as a large monitor.

My router has the usual power and ADSL input and two outlets, one to each office computer. if I used a Powerline adaptor with two sockets on the top, presumably one is input and the other output, in which case, of the two router outlets, one (my computer) goes to the Powerline plug, and then my computer plugs into the other Powerline socket. In the bedroom, I understand how the adaptor works.

The alternative is an ethernet splitter. Ethernet Splitter 2 (Medium).jpg

Does one of these take router output from one of the two sockets and allow me to have my computer on-line and the other go to the Powerline adaptor?

Thanks

Rex
    Last edited by Rex A. Butcher; January 15th, 2017 at 10:44 AM.
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Thread Information