Msconfig shows programs that cannot be found.

Thread: Msconfig shows programs that cannot be found.

Hybrid View

Msconfig shows programs that cannot be found.

So Msconfig>>startup shows some programs in this example: C:Programs(86)Tidal but when I go look in that area from Windows Explorer the program is not listed and I have files not hidden. Why does Msconfig show me this files if I cannot find the program when I do a search? Why would Tidal be hidden?

So where can I find this program folder or files to delete the Tidal stuff?
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Tidal is part of Cisco router stuff. Maybe it was uninstalled and that got left behind in the regs.

I gave up on windows search eons ago and use Everything Search Engine instead,
    https://www.voidtools.com/

Yes I found Tidal in the regs and got rid of it but you would think if Msconfig>>startup says that this item is in Program files then why would it not show up as a folder or icon? Anyhow I have been going around and around with this same thing for years. Windows has so many flaws that we just have to forget about all discrepancies and get on with more important things I guess. I thought Tidal was something for streaming music.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Why I use google, to find out what something is.

And for a long time , Linksys was a Cisco product and I made the mistake of using the cd to setup a router and Tidal showed up.
    But I used Revo uninstaller to get rid of programs and not that faulty Windows garbage.

Thread Information