Help with setting Odoo (Cloud based CRM/OM system) up to use our MS Exchange server

Thread: Help with setting Odoo (Cloud based CRM/OM system) up to use our MS Exchange server

Help with setting Odoo (Cloud based CRM/OM system) up to use our MS Exchange server

Hello,
    Recently we just started using a cloud instance of Odoo on Amazon Web Services, and it has the capabilities to email customers directly, as well as automatically register certain emails as leads. Long story short, I want to make usage of that, with our onsite exchange server. I can get it running on Google, but I cannot get it running on our exchange, using the same credentials as setup on my iphone, for my work email, and not 'info' or other addresses.... Is it perhaps because info@ is a distribution list? I'm wondering if that might be the problem..?

1.JPG
    Optiplex 390, i5-2400, 8GB Ram, Win 7 Pro, Dell E6500 w/XP, Poweredge 840, T100

More details on exactly what you are trying to do are needed.

Are you wanting to get the "lead" emails forwarded to you via your Exchange Server?

Where do these e-mails go now?

Can we assume that the "info@" emails are actually going to info@yourdomain.com (with yourdomain.com being the domain you have set up on your Exchange Server)?

Yeah I figured... Well, basically I'm just trying to allow Odoo to send out emails on the info@ourdomain.com account, as well as receive them - as it can then put them in as an actionable item for any member of our team to grab.

So yes, info@ is definitely going to our domain as you specified.

Another thing that adds fun into this mix is that we use Hosted Email Security from Trend Micro, so all of our emails pass through their servers first.. which leads me to wonder if I need to clear Odoo's IP somewhere in HES to make that work.

Trend Micro will probably spaminate your info@ emails, so you will probably have to set it to allow those somewhere. Unfortunately, you are probably already getting the usual spam at that e-mail address, so sorting through those e-mails for legitimate ones and filtering out the ones with ransomware attachments or links might be a problem.

If you are already receiving the info@ e-mails on your Exchange Server, you should be able to set it to forward those to Odoo. Getting Odoo to send out e-mails may be slightly more trouble though.

Trend Micro really does an AMAZING job with their HES - so it's actually filtering ALL messages before they even hit our exchange server, from what I gather.

So, that's not our problem, but it IS our problem trying to figure out what friggen' address to put in the SMTP... I just tried one and I get this response:
    Odoo Warning - Warning
    Connection Test Failed! Here is what we got instead:
    _ssl.c:510: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Your Exchange Server is controlling all e-mail for yourdomain.com, so you need a way to get Odoo to send an e-mail to the Exchange Server, and then have the Exchange Server either route it to the appropriate yourdomain.com e-mail (employee or group).

Yeah, thanks a lot man.. I've already hammered those searches, as well as their own forum. Nothing really on it. One other guy comments on how crazy it is that NOBODY else has had this problem.. lol. Thanks for the help!

If you can find information what type of e-mail address Odoo can use to send e-mails (GMail, or some other type), you could have Odoo use that to send e-mails to your Exchange Server. Exchange can route them from there.

Yeah, I've got it up and running with our Gmail, however I'd much prefer to keep it simple, and use our info@ instead. Thanks for the idea though! I've got an IT guy on it now... I'll post back what I find out!

Thread Information