How to properly destroy files on an SD card

Thread: How to properly destroy files on an SD card

How to properly destroy files on an SD card

I purchased a device that came with an SD card. I need to return the defective device and along with it the SD card that came with it.

Of course like many I am concerned about identity theft and want to be sure that all the information that I had on the card like tax info, business info, spreed sheets etc are completely destroyed to the best of my ability. I don't know where that card will end up next once I return it. The card that came with the device was a large capacity card so I used that card for my person information and other SD cards that I had that had less capacity for the device. So I need to return that specific SD card.

Are there any good file/SD shredding programs available for free on line that I can use to destroy the contents? I have AVG anti virus and it has an option in the drop down menu (in file explorer) if I right click on a file to shred the file. But I have written to this SD card and deleted files already multiple times so that won't do me any good. I need something that will totally wipe the entire SD card completely. I know just formatting it won't give me the results I need.

Thanks

I've seen two recent articles on this subject.. The experts saying the "Restore to Factory" settings is one of the best things you can do.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Try this one. It's one we photographers use to format our SD/SDHC/SDXC cards.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Thread Information