DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET

Thread: DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET

DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET

I bought a DELL VENUE 8 PRO TABLET refurbished. It had been upgraded to Win 10. The problem I have is turning it on. You are supposed to press
    the power button on the side and hold until turns on. Trouble is it will not turn on right away. I have to press the windows
    button on top and it may still not turn on. Eventually it will start when I play with both buttons. Shouldn't I be able to press and hold the power button
    until it turns on? How can I fix this?

Jerry

Yes, it should turn on after a few seconds holding the button. It sounds like there's a mechanical issue with that button/switch. I'd contact the seller and tell them you either want a refund, fix or exchange. Mechanical issues like that don't fix themselves and require replacement which in a tablet is not at all an easy thing for a user to do. They also usually get worse after a period of time.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Does win 10 Make it hard to turn on

No, It's very likely a mechanical issue.. a defective switch. If anything Win 10 and the newer BIOS systems it supports should make it easier and much faster to run the startup routine.

I found the answer on the Dell web site. This is a common problem with the pro 8 and no fix is found.
    I would like to get an 8" tablet and I do like the pro 8 but it does not work.
    I am looking at the Surface pro 2 and an I Pad. I found a Surface pro 2 refurbished for $370 that looks like a good buy. I want windows on a tablet.
    How do the surface pro 2 and I Pad compare. I noticed the surface pro 2 with 128GB is out of stock but the surface pro 2 with 256GB is available.
    Is there a difference in the two. They look a little different. I cannot find a good 8: tablet. The Dell pro 8 was good when it works.

Jerry

I can't answer that. I've never used any surface pro. Perhaps others can chime in.

surface pro 4 is just another touchscreen laptop. Minus the cdrom and wired connector. So it is smaller.

Looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"; 16 GB Wifi Tablet for better half myself

Android, a linux distro, is not bothered by nasties written for Windows.

Got a HP Stream to update today. A PITA job.

Thread Information