We have the above printer hooked up on our Wifi network. It works flawlessly from my desktop, which is connected to the router by Cat5 cable. From my wife's laptop, connected via Wifi, it sometimes prints okay, and sometimes pops up a message that the "printer is offline." That is not a brief message while the printer "wakes up," it prevents printing indefinitely, but while that is going on, I am able to print from my desk top. So there is simultaneously an "offline" message from the laptop, while printing is being done from my desktop.

So, as a test, I disabled the Wifi adapter in the laptop and made it connect via wired connection. Now both computers are connected via Cat5 to the router. The laptop printed once and now is getting the "printer is offline" message, while the desk top is printing without issue.

Both computers are Win7 Home Premium with the same updates. Both freshly rebooted and, as far as I know, no weird utility programs running. Both Avast protected and neither displaying any abnormal behavior (other than the printing issue). Any ideas?