November 2nd, 2016, 11:48 AM
FastStone Image Viewer 6.0 [UPDATE] (free image software)
The best (IMO) free image viewer gets another new version. Several improvements!
Version 6.0 (October 28, 2016)
* Improved the Straighten/Rotate tool. Now you can rotate and crop the image within the same window
* Added Auto Next Folder option to the Viewer tab of the Settings. This option lets you proceed to the next folder
automatically when end of current folder is reached. Alternatively, you can press Alt + left/right arrow keys at the
beginning/end of current folder to navigate into adjacent folders
* Added Remember Last Viewed File to the Viewer tab of the Settings
* Added two Zoom Filters (Lanczos_Softer and Bilinear) to the Viewer tab of the Settings
* Added Full Screen Preview to Crop Board
* Added Update File Timestamp option to Save As dialog
* Added Copy Image (Ctrl+Shift+C) to the right click menu on thumbnails
* Added Copy to Clipboard to Image Strip Builder
* Other minor improvements and bug fixes
November 2nd, 2016, 01:27 PM
I have not updated FS image viewer since I installed version 5.5 a couple of years ago. I've thought about it despite the fact that the version I'm using works perfectly and does everything I need it to but have not done so because I'm not sure if the updates retain the settings of the older versions. Do they? I spent a fair bit of time tweaking it to get it just right and don't really want to start over.
November 2nd, 2016, 03:15 PM
Yes, on my machines, the settings do remain. For example, at work, FS Image Viewer (we use paid licenses) opens to custom folders on each machine. Updates have never messed with these custom locations. FWIW, updates have always retained settings for me at home too.
November 3rd, 2016, 05:59 AM
OK, thanks.. I'll give it a go
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)