I can't attach files in hotmail

Thread: I can't attach files in hotmail

I can't attach files in hotmail

This is a common problem apparently, and there are all kinds of fixes on the web but nothing has worked for me so far. I've cleared the cache, cookies and history and uninstalled Silverlight but no joy. I've also disabled all extensions in Chrome but that didn't work either.

Anyone?

Thanks - rev
    Last edited by Reverend; October 21st, 2016 at 10:05 PM.

More details on the exact symptoms might help, as well as what software you are using. Are you using a web browser to access Hotmail? If so, what browsers and versions have you tried? Have you tried an e-,ail client program like Outlook or Thunderbird? Exactly what happens when you select a file and try to attach it? Have you tried attaching .jpg or .txt files?

Win 7 and Chrome. The file appears to be attaching but never completes. When it bales out, there's a message saying 'could not be attached (no reason) please try later.'

I've discovered that I can attach if it's not from Computer, if I attach from Dropbox it works. I haven't tried any other browsers because 1) I don't want another browser and 2) I've discovered they have experienced this problem.

It all worked until suddenly one day it didn't. I can't point to any changes on my system that might account for it and many others are having the same problem. What worked for others hasn't worked for me, such as uninstalling Silverlight and clearing the cache and cookies.

Text files attach normally, so do .jpgs so it might be size related?

Win 7 and Chrome
    What version of Win7, 32 or 64 bit? What version of Chrome?

You should at least test it out with IE. That will help determine if it's a browser issue or something else.

I can't point to any changes on my system that might account for it
    I'm guessing you have autoupdate enabled for Chrome? It is enabled by default. It's possible that one of their changes broke Hotmail/Outlook.com somehow.

Text files attach normally, so do .jpgs so it might be size related?
    How big are you talking about? The last time I checked, Outlook.com attachments were limited to 10MB.

Win 7 Ult x64 SP1, latest chrome.

>you have autoupdate enabled for Chrome?
    Probably, but this problem is all over the web and none of the 'fixes' are anything to do with the Chrome version. I wish it was that simple.

>How big are you talking about?
    5 meg won't attach but most of my .txt and image files are less than that but 5 meg should also attach.

Chrome is notorious for not accepting attachments, even with GMail. If you want to use a browser for Outlook.com access, you should try IE or Firefox, or a dedicated e-mail client program.

I've been using Chrome for years with no problems until now. IE and Firefox also have the problem but if either of them work now at least it will be a workaround until I find the answer to Chrome.

Thread Information