This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed .. issues

Thread: This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed .. issues

This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed .. issues

In my email inbox ( outlook express 6) I get some emails from company's ( Like Go Daddy and similar ) and when mouse hovers over the heading I get this box with Internet Explorer on top line ., (I use Firefox mozilla as main browser but OE 6 it should not matter)

"This page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed. this is usually safe . o you want to allow these fonts to be downloaded ?"

In investigating this I have numerous site that say to do this:

In Internet Explorer, please go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet (zone) >Custom Level. Scroll down to Downloads > Font Download, then remove the tick next to "Prompt". Either "Enable" it or "Disable" it, and you will stop being prompted about the font download.

BUT even though I disable the radio button and reopen the OE6 I get the same message again..

others areas to look into??
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

You are getting this message in Outlook Express 6 when just HOVERING over a link in an e-mail, and an Internet Explorer window or message appears? That should not be happening. The message normally appears only after you CLICK on the link.

Note that there are 4 security zones in Internet Explorer, and the font download setting is available for all of them, so if you have some of these sites in your Trusted Sites zone, or Intranet zone, or Restricted Sites zone, those settings would need to be changed also.

Also note that Outlook Express does not use the Internet Explorer setting to disable the font downloads, so if OE is generating the message (unlikely), you can't use that setting to eliminate the message.

well after 6 months I still have an issue with this post I presented .. First of all I am using Outlook 6 therefore windows XP,, I DO not use internet explorer it is turned off thru control panel programming ,, I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser .. and as your answer provided above Yes I just have to hover the mouse over an email in order to get the error message - this page uses fonts that need to be temporarily installed .

I also opened back up IE 8 ( can't upgrade since I'm still using Outlook 6) and under Internet Options > Security > Internet (zone) >Custom Level. Scroll down to Downloads > Font Download, then remove the tick next to "Prompt". Either "Enable" it or "Disable" it, and you will stop being prompted about the font download... the boxed is disabled ..

very frustrating to get this error message time and time again in my emails from websites that are embedded in my e mail .

thanks
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Enable it, reboot, then go back in and Disable it again.
    Seen that fix errors like that before.

There is no such thing as Outlook 6. It doesn't exist. What does exist is Outlook EXPRESS 6. Links in Outlook Express 6 will open in whatever browser you have SET as your default browser. If you have not actually set a different browser as the default, Outlook Express 6 will attempt to use Internet Explorer, which is where the font message is coming from.

How to set the default browser in Windows XP:

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs...in-windows-xp/

Integrating Firefox and Outlook Express 6:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Integratin...utlook_Express

How to turn off the font download message:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/4...mporarily.html

For Outlook Express 6, go to Tools - Options - Security and choose Internet Explorer security zone to use: Internet zone (no font message) or Restricted sites zone (annoying warning). If you want to keep the Restricted sites zone and remove the warning at the same time, edit it in XP Internet options Control Panel.

The people who noticed no effect from editing the zone settings were editing a wrong zone.

Thread Information