Major Changes are coming for Firefox 52, 53, and 57 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Major Changes are coming for Firefox 52, 53, and 57

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I just thought you might have heard of more problems with the new update. But thanks anyway. I'll let it go as my FF works fine, I'm not that concerned about other's problems. I just thought I'd ask.

Update. It wasn't Firefox that caused the problem but the popup blocker, both used Adblock Plus. Changed that to uOrigin, all is fine. At least for one of them.

Question about the latest Firefox, 62.0x the new one with the built in ad blocker, brother wants to know if there is a way to turn it off?

I can't check because I haven't got my desktop up yet and haven't copied the FF profile from my desktop drive to this one yet either so I can't run FF on my laptop. Too much going on since coming home to worry about installing stuff.

I don't know. He said there was a built in ad blocker and I thought there was a comment I read some where that FireFox was going to include one at some point in an update but I don't remember if I read it, or he told me about it. I'll have to ask him about this and get back to you.

I didn't see anything on that page of release notes about any adblocker.

That's ad tracking, not ad blocking. They're related, but not exactly the same thing. Plus, that's not going into effect until FF63.

Mozilla’s approach will be three-fold. It’s going to study the effects of blocking trackers that slow page times starting next month, and it will make that feature on by default in Firefox 63 if it proves successful in improving performance. It will also “strip cookies and block storage access from third-party tracking content,” a move it will also test in September with beta users before implementing in Firefox 65

Thanks jdc, I think I read that which fink put up and where I misunderstood what my brother said as adblocker was really ad tracker. I don't know for sure but will check with him again tomorrow to see what he actually ask me. It's bed time for me now. Yes, I go to be earlier now than I did last year. Nothing to do now I have no TV as of yet. Working on getting that up and running too.

Anyway, I'll let you know what it was he said and if that was what he was talking about.
    Thanks Midknyte for clarifying when it would happen.

Thread Information