Laptop not charging on UPS

Thread: Laptop not charging on UPS

Laptop not charging on UPS

Hey guys! I have charging issue with my office laptop. I think it's at least a 2 year old laptop with windows 8.1 installed on it. Still it used to get about 60-90 minutes of battery backup until recently. I rarely used them on battery as I always connect it to a power source while working. But battery backup is always a good thing to have, just in case a situation arise. Recently, I noticed that laptop is not charging on the http://www.staticon.ca/category/industrial-ac-power-products]Staticon stativolt UPS system at the office[/URL]. It shows not charging. I tried a direct power source and it's working. I tried charging another laptop on the UPS and it's working. So I am confused about where the problem actually lies. I would like to solve this issue, because UPS is the most accessible power source for me at the office. I would like some advice about this issue and how to solve it.

That plug on that UPS does not put out enough voltage for that laptop power pack.
    Or the plug is messed up and not making contact like it should. Inspect it and compare it to one that is working.

Or the program that reads the battery needs re-calibrated.
    To re-calibrate, unplug the AC, set laptop to high power, play a dvd, video or whatever until the laptop shuts down.

Plug in the power and bootup. Immediately check the percentage of power left.
    If over 10%, charge it up and do it again.
    If 10% or less, the program is fine.
    I have 8 to 10 year old laptops that are still running on the original battery. Just have to take care of them and that means using the battery once in a while.

Thank you for the reply! I tried restoring to a restore point created about a week back and followed the steps you have mentioned. Now it's working and I think the issue was with the battery level notification, rather than battery itself. I am getting more than 70-80 minutes of battery backup comfortably.

Yes, that program messes up and needs re-calibration once in a while.
    Good luck!

Thread Information