FILE DOWNLOAD SECURITY WARNING when opening a link to the internet.

Thread: FILE DOWNLOAD SECURITY WARNING when opening a link to the internet.

FILE DOWNLOAD SECURITY WARNING when opening a link to the internet.

Hi, I have an annoying problem that I hope you people can help me solve. I’m running Windows 10 and shortly after the last windows update I have been getting this Dialog box popping up every time I open a link on my desktop. The Box is a “FILE DOWNLOAD SECURITY WARNING” It gives me two choices OPEN and CANCEL. When I click open the link on my desktop will open and all is OK and of course. CANCEL will close the box. This extra step in opening a link to the internet is very annoying and I hope that someone has a fix for this problem. I have search the internet and have tried moving my temp file folder with no success. I have also tried different browsers from IE to Chrome to Firefox and still no success.
    I also did a restore from a backup a week Pryor to this problem and everything worked great for a few days then windows did an update and now I’m back with the same annoying problem.

You guys have helped me in the past and it's been awhile since I needed your help. I just hope someone has the answer.
    Thanks you all in advance for your replies.
    Spike

Apparently, this is caused by KB3185319 and affects Win7/8/8.1 also. You could uninstall KB3185319, but Win10 will reinstall it eventually.

I haven't seen an official fix, but check out this link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...d-24826f43ef0d

Sorry Train i have done all the things in the links with no success.

Thanks Midknyte I will try uninstalling the update. I'll let you know if it worked.

Wow Thank you very much it worked, but the KB number that you listed I did not have so I just uninstalled the security update from Sept 23 and presto.
    Hopefully if Microsoft sees the problem they will fix it soon before installing updates.
    I'm thinking about disabling the auto updates for the time being until I know that this has been fixed.

Again Thanks you guys are the best

You can't really disable automatic update in Win10. You can try using a 'metered' connection. You can also try hiding specific update.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/224471/how-...ading-updates/
    http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-...on-windows-10/

Do you have a camera hooked up to my computer? Are you watching me?
    As I was trying to disable the updates I found that it can't be done.
    I'll just wait and if the problem is back at least I will know what to do for a temp fix.
    Again Thanks

P.S. Stop watching me

The forced Windows Update issue has been around since Day 1, so it's a very common question. The Anniversary update broke the group policy blocking for Win10 Pro too.

Thread Information