Win 10 -- Where do I disable Apple Push?

Thread: Win 10 -- Where do I disable Apple Push?

Win 10 -- Where do I disable Apple Push?

I had at one time an Apple phone. No longer. In looking at Reliability Monitor to check on "program not responding" issues, I find most of these include Apple Push. I think this is APSDaemon.exe, but I can not find this to disable it in Task Manager anywhere. I did find in using System Explorer an Apple program running but when I tried to end the process, I got some message -- sorry I did not write it down -- that indicated this was running and I did not have access to stop it or something like that. I have ITunes but rarely ever go there. Where can I disable this Apple Push?
    JGB

"APSDaemon.exe (otherwise known as Apple Push) is the service that wirelessly syncs your device. It may safely be stopped from running at startup, but you may not be able to wirelessly sync your device. It is recommended to leave the process with its current settings for the best customer experience."

I have 4 Win 7 computers with iTunes and have yet to get one to wirelessly connect to my iPhone 4S.
    However, my MBP will connect to the iPhone even if it's outside in the car.(as long as the iPhone connects to my WiFi router)

If you are lucky enough to be able to sync wirelessly in Windows and you want to sync this way, let it start up. If not, disable it on startup because it automatticaly starts with iTunes anyway, and, continues to run until reboot.
    Got that from
    https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussi...tartup-553903/

Did you check in Services? If you have not yet added the Run command to the Start menu in Windows 10, you might want to do this first. Then, you can click Start, Run, end enter Services into the Run dialog box and click OK. Check there for the application and set it to Manual startup (iTunes needs it if you still have that).

Thanks to each of you for your replies. On CNET the person whom I checked the threads on thought he noticed no difference in service with Apple Push disabled, over 6 months. And he had Apple devices. I did use MSCONFIG to disable the Apple service that was running. I never found anything that sounded or looked like APSDaemon.exe, but nothing "Apple" is running. If I find Apple Push still shows up in Reliability Monitor I will return for further assistance. The "... is not responding" seems to be more active lately. But that is another thread to be used. Again, thanks for responding and giving links.
    JGB

Thread Information