Network Sharing

Thread: Network Sharing

Network Sharing

I have a Win7 PC and a Win10 PC connected to the same Home Network. I have shared Pictures, Video, Music, Documents, Printers on both PCs. From my Win 10 pc I can only see the folders for Music, Pictures, Video and from my Win 7 PC I can see the folders for Pictures, Video, Music, Documents, Printers. On both PCs I have gone to Control panel> Homegroup Sharing and can see that all those folders are shared.
    Also from my Win10 pc I can see and print to my printer which is USB connected to my Win7 PC.
    Both have Win 7 Pro and the other Win 10 Pro

What have I done wrong?
    Last edited by Geoff S; September 8th, 2016 at 09:38 AM.
    MCP, A+,Net+

What have I done wrong?
    Probably nothing. Remember, Microsoft does not want you using Windows 7, so they make compatibility issues.

You could try adding the Windows 10 user to the Windows 7 system, and then give the Windows 10 user the appropriate permissions to the folders you want to share.

So the Win7 PC can't see the Win10 folders and vice versa?

Are both systems using a "Home" network for the Network Location? You can't only use Homegroups on a "Home" network (not Work or Public).
    Are both systems connected to the same Homegroup? You would create the Homegroup on one PC, and then use the code to connect from another PC.

You can run through the checklist here:
    http://www.digitalcitizen.life/homeg...e-how-it-works

Thread Information