Why I am downgrading to Windows 7

Thread: Why I am downgrading to Windows 7

Thumbs down Why I am downgrading to Windows 7

Windows10 is rubbish it only half works, it doesnt work properly. It is crapware becuase it is slow even with a new starte-of-the-art pc, when you try to drag a window it wont move. When you try to highlight something it plays around and will only half light for example, text in a notepad or url in the address bar.

Windows 10 wanted to upgrade my system so i postponed it twice, the third time i put it to sleep as usually and went to bed as i do, next morning all my work is gone deleted - it is scumware! so, basically as I thought Microsoft will force you to do things whether you like it or not, Windows 10 users are Microsofts guienea pigs (not in a lab, in the real world), no wonder windows 10 is a free upgrade.

When I click on one place it clicks somewhere else...for example when i try to highlight text, the mouse goes of the application and on to somwhere else like the desktop or whatever else is open.

These things never used to happen in Windows 7.
    I'm going back to Windows 7 just as all the other people are still using Windows XP. I didn't like Windows 10 because of the flat boring design as opposed to windows 7 nice, premium 3D aero design effect.
    Last edited by shahan; August 31st, 2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: add more stuff

It might have been better to do a clean install of Win10. Upgrades are always iffy.

For the record, I'm sticking with Win7 also. If I had a touch screen, then I'd probably go with a clean install of Win10.

I prefer Windows 7 also. While I have Windows 10 I would go back to Windows 7 if I knew how. I am past the deadline for a free return back to 7

No, you are not, you can do a clean install of windows 7 from dvd or usb key anytime you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by glussier View Post
    No, you are not, you can do a clean install of windows 7 from dvd or usb key anytime you wish.
    Thanks much, I was not aware of that.

How would I go about installing Windows7? Would I need to buy a windows7 and install over the Windows 10? Would this be to difficult for average person? thanks for any info

You can still get Windows 7 from Newegg or other vendors, if you don't already have a CD or license key you are not using. It is easy enough for anyone to install. You might want to download any drivers for Windows 7 for the PC you are using it on from the PC manufacturer's web site.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    You can still get Windows 7 from Newegg or other vendors, if you don't already have a CD or license key you are not using. It is easy enough for anyone to install. You might want to download any drivers for Windows 7 for the PC you are using it on from the PC manufacturer's web site.
    Thanks jdc2000 for your info I really appreciate it

If the system originally came with Win10, you may also need to change some BIOS settings. Win7 doesn't like UEFI boot, so you'd need to change it to Legacy or MBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    If the system originally came with Win10, you may also need to change some BIOS settings. Win7 doesn't like UEFI boot, so you'd need to change it to Legacy or MBR.
    Thanks Midknyte I didn't know that. Makes me think I should let my friendly repair man do the job for me.
    '

Had a few issues with windows 10 last year and early 2016 ., maybe three total issues ( even took it to a laptop shop that specialized with their guarantee " if we can't fix it no charge!" .. Well even they -the experts couldn't figure it out to fix ( that whole BSOD issues I posted about last spring ) .. after that was resurrected by myself worked for weeks on end then one day windows 10 just suddenly crashed big time ! had to reinstall from a flash drive my win10backup.. and for close to 4 odd months now it works great! .. No complaints ! runs as well as say i.e. IOS 10 to my iPhone is/was to IOS 9 used to be IOS 9 was great but the nios 10 came along etc.. .. I find the win10 desktop/features are really cool., The speed of programs opening- is fast ., I like the ability of what MS Edge the browser does . ( but still prefer Chrome ) .. I have no bad issues lately (5 months?) with Windows 10 . I use win 10 on two devices and with my PC equipped with three Harddrives I used one of the sata HD partions for win 10 and 'default it to open up' with windows XP , as I still use an ap -daily that windows 7 / 8 and 10 never supported ... I'd give windows XP in its day, a B and windows 10 a B+ ..
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ttodd View Post
    Had a few issues with windows 10 last year and early 2016 ., maybe three total issues ( even took it to a laptop shop that specialized with their guarantee " if we can't fix it no charge!" .. Well even they -the experts couldn't figure it out to fix ( that whole BSOD issues I posted about last spring ) .. after that was resurrected by myself worked for weeks on end then one day windows 10 just suddenly crashed big time ! had to reinstall from a flash drive my win10backup.. and for close to 4 odd months now it works great! .. No complaints ! runs as well as say i.e. IOS 10 to my iPhone is/was to IOS 9 used to be IOS 9 was great but the nios 10 came along etc.. .. I find the win10 desktop/features are really cool., The speed of programs opening- is fast ., I like the ability of what MS Edge the browser does . ( but still prefer Chrome ) .. I have no bad issues lately (5 months?) with Windows 10 . I use win 10 on two devices and with my PC equipped with three Harddrives I used one of the sata HD partions for win 10 and 'default it to open up' with windows XP , as I still use an ap -daily that windows 7 / 8 and 10 never supported ... I'd give windows XP in its day, a B and windows 10 a B+ ..
    I had my repairman take off windows 10 and install Windows 7 and like it much better

Thread Information