case fan replacement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: case fan replacement

SUCCESS.

amazon delivered the 2 fans about an hour ago. i removed the side panel. the power cord from the fan dived behind the motherboard and i had no idea where it came out. also, i couldn't figure out how to remove the old fan because the power supply was in the way. so, i popped the top hoping i could get it back on lol.

voila. unscrewed the dead fan and, taking jdc's advice, i cut the power cord to the dead fan. installed the replacement. it was a 140mm. since i also bought a 120 too and there were numerous holes around the second opening, i installed the second one too.

both purring nicely.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Ta...ml?sort=9&o=13

thanks again, you guys, you're the BEST <3
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Make sure the exposed wire ends from the cut cables aren't able to accidentally brush up against anything at all.. the case or esp the motherboard components. I'd put electrical tape over them.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

good idea, fink. i also dl a hardware monitor and will be watching the temps for a few days. the amount of data is a bit overwhelming but better too much than not enough.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Ta...ml?sort=9&o=26
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

I prefer Speccy

Terry,
    This Guys Review might help you on how to change the fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNCUl7VVts

Sorry, didn't see a second page.
    Glad to see you got it figured out!

Asus Zenbook Q508UG-212.R7TBL 2-in-1 Laptop
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor
    8gb DDR4 RAM (Soldered on Motherboard)
    1gb Western Digital Blue NVMe SSD
    NVIDA MX450 (DDR6)
    15.6" 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) Touchscreen
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
    USB 1 x 2.0 - USB 1 x 3.0 - USB-C 1 x 3.1
    Micro SD Card Reader
    Lighted Keyboard
    Webcam/Microphone
    Windows 11 Professional
    MS Office 365 Family
    Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse

UPDATE.

thanks for the link, bug. it did help. i watched it and the guy showed the case sans guts. a thing i never noticed ... BOTH sides of the case open up. who knew?

i opened the right side and saw where the lead from the old dead fan went. followed it to it's connection. disconnected and tossed it.

i also discover FOUR fan leads there and discovered that there is an intake fan in the front lower part of the case (it's not obvious from the outside). i connected two of the four to the two new fans. there is a fan speed switch on the top of the case and now it controls my two new fans.

again, thanks everyone <3

Thread Information