Need INternet access

Thread: Need INternet access

Need INternet access

Hi, I've been away for a long while and am running an iMac with OS x Mavericks. For Windows access I've installed VMware Fusion and MS Windows XP Pro, which handles my PC needs. Problem is that I do not have internet access while running Win XP. When I attempt to create a new internet connection, I get an error message, "No modem detected".

My current internet provider is Verizon and I have a proper connection when running OS X. Any thoughts on the subject will be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Use the pci/ven to track down what the modem is and find a XP driver for it.

http://blog.experts-exchange.com/ee-...evice-manager/

Many thanks to all for the replies.the connection methods descrubed are above my pay grade. I need a basic step by step to make the connection. Meanwhile I'll check via device manager.

!. Use PCI/Ven method to find who made the device.
    2. Once that is found , that information can be used to find the right driver.
    3. Once the right driver is installed, you should be able to access the internet.

Train, Thanks. Will do and post back.

I don't use Fusion, but on VMWare workstation you need to install the VMWare tools that has the drivers in it.

What browser are you using? Make sure you didn't create any modem connections; you should be using LAN connections.

Thread Information