Conditional Formatting partially working

Thread: Conditional Formatting partially working

Conditional Formatting partially working

I have a table, 2 columns with dates (First date, second date).

What I'm trying to do is to set a conditional formatting comparing the dates with today(), and format the borders with red lines if today() is between the 2 dates. The problem is that in the left column the conditional formatting works (red line and bold text), but in the right column, works just with bold the date, but not making red the right line.

I don't know what is happening that the conditional formatting is not working.

The formula i'm using is this one:

=AND($J$1>=D9,$J$1<=E9).

If J1 (today()) is between 2 dates (D9 -inferior date- to E9 -superior date-), conditional formatting:

-for the left column: make the left line red and the text (date) bold.
    -For the right column: Make the right line red and the text (date) bold.

(See attachment to see detail).

Excel Cond Form.jpg

I tried something similar to what you did, and I found that if you go back and click Conditional Formatting, Manage Rules (with the same area selected), and then Click Edit Rule, and then click the Format button, the Red color selection for the line that is currently Black may not have been saved. If the Preview does not show Red lines for the vertical border, go back and change them again. Change the color to Red and then click the vertical border selector buttons to de-select and then re-select the vertical border lines and they should be Red this time. Click OK and Apply and see what happens. Apparently the color change did not take effect on the initial setup (Excel 2010 in my case).

Thread Information