Computer got hacked, I want to know a program that will scan for BAD stuff installed

Thread: Computer got hacked, I want to know a program that will scan for BAD stuff installed

Computer got hacked, I want to know a program that will scan for BAD stuff installed

Greetings,
    I just joined. It's hard to find a forum for security, viruses, hackers, etc.
    Since I was hacked, I've installed Norton Security Suite. They got to me through the Internet. My network access is pretty tight. I've changed my SSID on network, the password. But I have lots of issues with both my desktop and laptop now. My printer stopped working, said the spooler service isn't running. Tried to start it and got msg " Not enough resources to start service" That was on my desktop and it has plenty of resources. I built it and it has pretty high end stuff inside it. I've had programs disappear from my start menu, viruses in programs that I've had forever.

I finally got a new IP address, My ISP wouldn't assign me a new one even tho I was hacked. They also took $1350 from bank and debit card. They were in LastPass, and I change my LastPass password all the time. I've decided the only way I'll feel kind of safe is if I format my hard drive and reinstall windows 10. But I'm afraid when I restore my files I might restore some nasty program they put on computer.

Any of you know of a program that will scan for known 'hacker' programs? I've done virus scans every day since I was hacked. That was a little over a week ago. For the most part I've just kept my PCs turned off to prevent nasty things from running.

I'd also like to know of something that can monitor for an unknown IP address - accessing my computer either from network or Internet. I have blocked the 2 IP addresses that I know the hackers have used, but I'm sure they have dozens. I googled one of the IP addresses, and got 9 pages of google hits. Some going back to 2011. People saying their email was hacked, their bank account hacked, etc. 9 pages. 2011, So we know theses guys are good. I know they've been back on my PC since the first day they hit me because all the email I had related to this event was deleted from my PC. Another time the security software blocked them from accessing an unsafe website. It gives a popup when it does that, so I saw another one of their IP addresses.

I'm truly a mess worrying about what all they can do to my computers. This really nice guy from your sister forum, Nick and Steve, but mostly Nick found something on the web to try to get my IP to reset. It worked!! The Ip address staying the same was my biggest concern. I'm so relieved that's changed now. Oh yeah, Nick's first email to me was telling me that my IP was on the Spammer site the forum checks before they let a user join the forum. So the hackers did a number on me there. So I'm glad I got the new IP, or I wouldn't be making this post right now.

Thanks for ANY help.

ckbeme

Welcome to Virtualdr.

First thing I would do is change all your passwords to your email acct's and any banking, credit card, financial or gov't related sites you use.

Then start a new thread in our intensive care forum here..

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/for...e-Care-Unit&s=

and follow the instructions in the sticky post at the top of that page and post the scanner logs asked for. Broni, our malware expert will guide you from there.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have done all the password changes and am not using Lastpass at the moment. I'm using a spiral notebook!! I will start a thread where you advised.

ckbeme

Thread Information