reinstallation of Office 2013 Pro Plus

Thread: reinstallation of Office 2013 Pro Plus

reinstallation of Office 2013 Pro Plus

My friend's office computer has Office 2013 Pro Plus installed and working good for years. All of the sudden the Words, Excel, Access all were not working. The message is mso.dll does not configure correctly or contains error. After searching the Internet, I rename the \Office15\mso.dll to mso.dll.old. Restarted Words, it required me to activate. I entered the product code (we bought the product code and download the program from Microsoft and burned it on a DVD), it then required me to enter the MS account, I did that. It went to a MS installation web page and I clicked to go. It displays another err msg (something like): Click-to-go installer can't continue as a Window based installer is running.

I went to MS tech support site, chat with an agent. He took over my computer remotely, did the same. When I came to the Activation step, I select enter Product Code, did that, the step 2 is "Redeem on line", no way to bypass it to Step 3 "Finish Activation". When I click the step 2, it goes to the on-line installation and the same error occurred. He then lead me to download a retail file ISO image of 2.1GB. I extracted it and ran the setup, same error again.

I just wonder why I have the Office full package as well as the ISO image, why do I have to go to the MS web site to continue the installation. Did I miss anything?

Office 2013 and 2016 installation and activation is a genuine nightmare. Even if you have a "full" .iso image (which may not actually contain everything you need), you are still going to need an internet connection for activation/registration. Only Microsoft knows everything that it is needed for, and they aren't telling anyone.

Thanks jdc2000. Yesterday, I successfully installed it by chance, but I did not exactly know how. I burn the img into a disc, run setup.exe there, entered the product key. It also went to the same step for "on-line redeem". I entered my MS account, same msg of click-on-run not working, I started to click here and there. Suddenly, the step 3 "Finish Activation" enabled, I clicked on it. I open the Words, an dialog box requesting product key displays. I did that, back to "on-line redeem" again. I thought that it would failed again. And the "Finish Activation" enabled. And it all done. Don't ask me how because I'm still not understand, but I open and close everything, Words, Excel, Acces etc several times to make sure it works.
    I think that the M$ is trying to push user to use their 365 such that they can have their revenue.

Thread Information