Yahoo Makes Laptop run Hot

Thread: Yahoo Makes Laptop run Hot

Yahoo Makes Laptop run Hot

Hello,
    I am helping a friend with his laptop. Every time we sign in to yahoo his computer gets really hot and the fans spin up really fast. Anything done after that through yahoo links will make the computer run really hot. This only happens with yahoo though which is his email and his page of choice to read news and other articles.
    He is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The laptop is 4-5 years old. I scanned for spyware using Junkware Removal Tool, ADW Cleaner, combofix and malwarebytes. It found some minor issues but nothing that seemed too much.
    Has anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas to try would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Post the make and model of the laptop.

I would bet that other applications would make the laptop run hot also, depending on what they might be doing. You could use something like SpeedFan or other temperature and fan monitoring software to see what the temps and fan speeds are when running various things. Dust accumulation inside the laptop can cause overheating problems. Also make sure that none of the ventilation openings are blocked. Once you have some actual temperature data, you may be able to see what component is heating up.

Which browser is he using? Is he using an adblocker?

Thread Information