Problem with viewing Video on LG41 Cell Phone (Android)

Thread: Problem with viewing Video on LG41 Cell Phone (Android)

Problem with viewing Video on LG41 Cell Phone (Android)

This may be complicated. I was at a party and used the LG41 Cell Phone video to record 19 minutes of the party. Then I logged into Youtube and uploaded. But the upload stopped at 80% because the video was too long and YT said it had removed it.

So I went back to the video (in the gallery section of Android) and tried to view and play the video. The audio appears but the video won't appear. It shows the 19 minutes and I can hear conversation.

Would anyone know how I can retrieve the video/images? I hope YT didn't remove it from my cell phone too.

Have you tried using a USB cable to transfer the video to your computer directly?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Have you tried using a USB cable to transfer the video to your computer directly?
    No but I will. Will report back.
    Okay, I must have done something wrong because it's the same thing. A long talking conversation, 19 minutes, but no video. I think YT ate the video.
    Once the video was removed from YT there's no retrieving it anyway possible?
    Last edited by Sal_gal; July 25th, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

Uploading should not have affected the video. Transfer the file to your PC first and then see if it will play in something like VLC.

Did you reboot your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Uploading should not have affected the video. Transfer the file to your PC first and then see if it will play in something like VLC.

Did you reboot your phone?
    I don't know how it can record audio and not video when I was using the camera? I think it's gone.

Again, this is what happened.
    Used the Video feature in Camera (Android) to record the video.
    Went to YT to upload. And it was going ok but stopped at 80%. It was too long. YT has a black screen and it states: Rejected Video too long....not uploaded because it's more than 15 min....verify your account to upload to upload longer video...
    So I went and verified and was given a code, yadayada....
    I was using the mobile app with LG41C.
    So I went to YT Myvideos and that particular video was removed.
    Can it be be retrieved?

Did you watch the video before you tried to upload it?

Uploading the video would just be reading the file; it should not be writing or changing the file.

Again, did you try copying the video file from the phone to your PC? The video should be in the DCIM folder of a subfolder of it.

Did you watch the video before you tried to upload it?

Uploading the video would just be reading the file; it should not be writing or changing the file.

Again, did you try copying the video file from the phone to your PC? The video should be in the DCIM folder of a subfolder of it.
    Yes I did. I copied it to the desktop. Nothing. Only audio. Strange. Maybe I hit a wrong button when I was recording. I think it's gone.
    I can upload the video if anyone wants to see it?

BTW it's in mp4 file format.
    493 MB
    Maybe I should try converting to another format?

Also, after I saw that message in YT, I did get verified for longer videos, but by that time, YT had removed it.

Here's what YT said in FAQs --
    Q- I uploaded a long video before verifying my account.
    A -....Once you've been verified click "ACTIVATE this VIDEO" in your video manager to publish it. Activated videos are automatically set as private videos....

I'm going to try and upload it again and see it shows.
    BTW, I hate these mobile apps. They're like mini- incomplete software programs. They do less than the full feature sfwr programs. That's why I will never abandon my desktop.
    Last edited by Sal_gal; July 25th, 2016 at 06:50 PM.

What are you using the play the video? Like I said, use a player like VLC. Windows Media Player probably won't have the proper codec.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

493MB is pretty huge, but it's longer than 15 mins. See the following link and try uploading from the PC instead.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en

It's uploading at YT, has about 25 minutes to go. I also notice this statement on the screen:

Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format. For more information, visit our Help Center.

Does that mean the mp4 is not a streamable format?

What are you using the play the video? Like I said, use a player like VLC. Windows Media Player probably won't have the proper codec.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

493MB is pretty huge, but it's longer than 15 mins. See the following link and try uploading from the PC instead.
    https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673?hl=en
    thanks for your help. Let us pray ---

Okay, I used the vlc and I must have hit a button because the video is not playing. I don't know what the hel l I did to just get the audio and not the complete video. ..... I HATE CELL PHONES!!!

Okay, can you help me with this: I need to transfer still pictures into a PPT format that will play online on YT. How would I get those instructions.
    Last edited by Sal_gal; July 25th, 2016 at 07:01 PM.

Ignore that last one, I found how to make a PPT video for Youtube.

If even VLC can't play it, then something must have messed up the video file. I'm not sure what you did.

Thread Information