[RESOLVED] how to shut off notifications for network printer

Thread: [RESOLVED] how to shut off notifications for network printer

Resolved [RESOLVED] how to shut off notifications for network printer

i have a canon lbp7100cw (color laser) printer attached to our network here. it sits on a desk next to a pc whose default printer it is. it's also the default printer for 2 additional pc's in the same room and a non-default printer for 2 more farther away in separate rooms. some pc's are running windows 10. the rest windows 7 (upgrading these very soon tho - i know i have about a month to do so gratis).

i just added this printer to my pc's list of printers and noticed that i get the error message when the printer needs a toner change. i assume all the others do too. now, the person's whose pc sits next to the printer is the one who changes the toner when needed. there is no need for me or anyone else to see this message. i've searched the manual and nothing is said about how to turn off this notification. searching google returns nothing.

does anyone have this canon printer or another one from canon who can point me in the direction to turn off this messaging?

this isn't an earth-shaking problem. just a minor annoyance. but i thought i'd take a chance and see if anyone else has this and has found a solution.

thanks in advance,

terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Is there a System Tray / Notification Area icon for this printer on each computer that has a driver for it? If yes, try disabling that to see what happens to the notifications.

wow. thanks, jdc.

ya, it was a hidden icon in the tray notification area. i opened it and right there under options was "display settings when consumables warning occurs" with a check box for "display printer status window". i unchecked that puppy and now await to see if it works.

thanks, again!
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Thread Information