Mouse jumping after restoring back to Win8 from auto upgrading Win10

Thread: Mouse jumping after restoring back to Win8 from auto upgrading Win10

Mouse jumping after restoring back to Win8 from auto upgrading Win10

My friend just called me that his Win 8.1 computer was automatically upgraded to Win10 pending for his agreement on license. He declined it and the system restore to previous version (i.e. Win 8.1). After restoring, the wireless mouse starts to work erratically. For example, when he clicks on the beginning of the line, the cursor jumps to the end. He click the close button on an application, it doesn't close. I have no idea whether there are issues in other applications.

I'll go to his home tomorrow to how to help him. Any suggestions please. Should we let it upgraded to Win 10?

It's your friend's choice. I prefer Win10 to 8.1, but to each his own

What make/model is the mouse? Try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers.

You should take a look at this thread so that your friend's system doesn't autoupgrade again:
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...n-from-Taskbar

Thanks Midknyte. It is a Logitech but I don't know the model. I'll first try to uninstall the driver then re-install it. It it still not work, we probably go for Win 10.

Logitech is pretty good for supplying drivers on their site..

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/ca...e-and-pointers

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Hi, I went to my friend's home and he told me that the mouse works well since this morning. He did nothing, just normal shut down last night and turned it on this morning. Actually, when he called me yesterday afternoon, he already turned it on/off couple times as he could not (did not know) close the programs such as OpenOffice, Thunderbird etc.

To-day, everything works fine except settings in some applications were reset. For example, the menu bar in TB disappeared. He is not very knowledgeable that he does know by right clicking at the top, he can select to show the menu bar. Anyway, I did nothing except just downloaded and ran the Never Win10 to disable upgrading. We'll probably do the upgrade in mid Jun when I and him have more times.

PS: The keyboard and mouse is the MK200 set connected to the computer by USB. Thanks your advices.

A shutdown, wait a couple/10 minutes, boot back up, has cured many a problem for me over the years.

Some thing was corrupted and sitting in the ram, the time factor lets it all disappear.

Thread Information