Upgrading Firefox

Thread: Upgrading Firefox

Upgrading Firefox

What ho one and all,

Having up-graded Firefox to FF43, I would like to get a few of the extension that I previously had, up and runninig.

Reading through the various FF q&A, it seems that when I reset the previous version, a file called FFOld Data was created *(yes) and from that, I can copy and paste add-ons that I would like to the new profile. But all the files/folders have names that tell me zilch. Is there a way to know which folder/file is a specific add-on?

Alternatively, when obtaining FF add-ons, how can I save the file as a file, rather than just installing directly?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

Without more details, I'm not sure what folders you are looking at. If you mean the extensions folder, the subfolders are named by the developer, not Mozilla. If anything, you can look at the install.rdf for the add-on name. You might need to open the .xpi file with 7-Zip in order to extract the install.rdf.

Alternatively, when obtaining FF add-ons, how can I save the file as a file, rather than just installing directly?
    You can right-click on the "Add to Firefox" button and save as an .xpi file. You can try it on uBo.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...ublock-origin/

FF is accepting only signed add-ons now, I think since 43. Some of your old extensions won't run unless they've been updated.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    FF is accepting only signed add-ons now, I think since 43. Some of your old extensions won't run unless they've been updated.
    Add-on signing was introduced in FF43, but you could still disable it. That option has been removed in FF46.
    FF45ESR can still run unsigned add-ons if you set xpinstall.signatures.required to false.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...irefox-Updates

Thread Information